Nine years after their last official studio release, The String Cheese Incident have returned to the studio in their hometown of Boulder, Colorado and emerged with their strongest album to-date.
For their fifth studio effort, SCI enlisted the help of producer Jerry Harrison (Talking Heads). The result – Song In My Head – contains 10 road-tested fan favorites and finds the band hitting a new creative stride. The album will be available online and in stores (on CD and 180g Vinyl) on April 29, 2014 and also marks The String Cheese Incident’s 20th anniversary as a band.
“The coolest part of this album is that, in the end, it really sounds like us–maybe more so than any of the other albums that we’ve done.” – Bill Nershi
Watch a teaser video from the Song In My Head recording sessions:
In celebration of our 15th anniversary, SCI Fidelity Records has compiled a 30-track retrospective label compilation, available now for free stream via SoundCloud and for free download only at the SCI Fidelity online store.
Formed by The String Cheese Incident in 1998, SCI Fidelity has delivered on its mission to support independent musicians everywhere – releasing over 100 albums from SCI and their side projects, along with artists like Keller Williams, Umphrey’s McGee, The Disco Biscuits, Steve Winwood, Lotus, Railroad Earth, The Greyboy Allstars, Tea Leaf Green and many more.
SCI Fidelity’s 15th anniversary compilation contains thirty of the best songs from some of the label’s most acclaimed albums over the years, and the tracks are listed in chronological order, taking the listener on a journey from the label’s first official release, The String Cheese Incident’s “Round The Wheel”, through their latest batch of releases from The Infamous Stringdusters and Lotus.
DOWNLOAD THE SCI FIDELITY RECORDS 15TH ANNIVERSARY SAMPLER FOR FREE HERE
Here’s what the label’s founders, The String Cheese Incident, had to say about this momentous occasion:
Happy 15th Anniversary SCI Fidelity! It all began back in the late nineties as a crazy idea to buck the system and “do it ourselves.” After talking to some major labels and other touring bands, we decided it was important to maintain control of our own destiny by starting our own label. We felt this would be the best way to ensure creative freedom, and to not be bound to an album release or touring schedule dictated by a recording contract. Along the way, we were able to build a strong roster of label-mates, including some of our best friends and contemporaries. We feel incredibly fortunate to be able to support music we believe in, and to sustain the record label in today’s ever-evolving music industry landscape. Thanks to all who have supported SCI Fidelity and its artists.We couldn’t have – and wouldn’t have – done it without you. Cheers to the next 15! - SCI
SCI Fidelity Records 15th Anniversary Sampler
1. The String Cheese Incident – “On The Road” from Round The Wheel
2. Keller Williams w/The String Cheese Incident – “Best Feeling” from Breathe
3. The String Cheese Incident – “Mouna Bowa” from Carnival ‘99
4. Keller Williams – “More Than A Little” from Loop
5. Steve Winwood – “Different Light” from About Time
6. Keller Williams – “Freeker by the Speaker” from Laugh
7. The String Cheese Incident – “Valley of the Jig” from Untying the Not
8. Umphrey’s McGee – “In The Kitchen” from Anchor Drops
9. DJ Harry – “All My Life” from Collision
10. Steve Kimock Band – “Eudemon” from Eudemonic
11. Brothers Past – “Simple Gift of Man” from This Feeling’s Called Goodbye
12. Railroad Earth – “Mighty River” from Elko
13. Umphrey’s McGee – “Nemo” from Safety In Numbers
14. The Disco Biscuits – “World Is Spinning” from The Wind at Four to Fly
15. The Radiators – “Ace In The Hole” from Dreaming Out Loud
16. Tea Leaf Green – “These Two Chairs” from Rock ’n’ Roll Band
17. Greyboy Allstars – “V Neck Sweater” from What Happened to Television?
18. Railroad Earth – “Hard Livin” from Amen Corner
19. Umphrey’s McGee – “Made to Measure” from Mantis
20. Kyle Hollingsworth – “Way That it Goes” from Then There’s Now
21. Emmitt-Nershi Band – “New Country Blues” from New Country Blues
22. Lotus – “Bellwether” from Hammerstrike
23. 30db – “Susanah” from One Man Show
24. The String Cheese Incident – “Barstool” from Rhythm of the Road: Volume One, Incident In Atlanta – 11.17.00
25. Younger Brother – “Shine” from Vaccine
26. Conspirator – “Feed The Wolf” from Unlocked – Live at the Georgia Theatre
27. Keller Williams w/The Travelin’ McCourys – “Something Else” from Pick
28. The Infamous Stringdusters – “The Place That I Call Home” from Silver Sky – Deluxe Edition
29. Lotus – “Break Build Burn” from Build
30. The String Cheese Incident – “Can’t Wait Another Day” single
Show your support of independent music with this brand new SCI Fidelity 15th Anniversary T-shirt! Plus, get 15% off all items in our online store!
Since its formation in 1998, SCI Fidelity Records has delivered on its mission to support independent artists everywhere, releasing over 75 albums from SCI, Keller Williams, Umphrey’s McGee, The Disco Biscuits, Steve Winwood, Lotus, Railroad Earth and many more, who are all represented on this limited edition shirt.
As we celebrate our 15th anniversary as an independent record label, we wanted to extend a thank you to our fans. For the entire month of December, every item in our online store is 15% OFF regular price. That’s every CD, Vinyl, DVD, & Download – all on sale!
BONUS: We’ve knocked $5 OFF all vinyl records too, all month long!
Enter the promo code “SCIFI15″ on the homepage to enable the 15% discount.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW
The String Cheese Incident and TourGigs proudly present the Independence Day run from Austin, TX, now available on DVD, BluRay and Digital Download at TourGigs. For the first time in seven years, The String Cheese Incident returned to Austin for a three night run at the Backyard. Fans old and new showed up for the weekend and the energy was palpable from the get-go. The outdoor venue proved to be a perfect setting for this Incident; beautiful sunsets shone upon the crowd as the first set of each night came to a close. After the sun had set, the lighting rig dazzled the crowd and the more experimental, electronic side of The String Cheese Incident was unleashed on the ecstatic fans. This run is packed with moments illustrating why The String Cheese Incident has such a dedicated and loyal fan base.
A brief list of highlights from the weekend include the debut cover of the Grateful Dead’s “U.S. Blues” to commemorate the 4th of July and the funky “Rosie” encore that had the entire audience getting down; “Land’s End” with it’s associated jams and “Come As Your Are” with a stand-out improv jam in night two; and “Lost>Rhum N’ Zouc” and the funky Herby Hancock song “Chameleon” effortlessly woven into “Miss Brown’s Teahouse” on the last night of the weekend. Fans were treated to songs old and new, and you can now watch this entire run in multi-cam stunning HD. From the opening notes of “Lonesome Fiddle Blues” on the 4th to the appropriate “Texas” encore to close out the weekend, this is an Incident you can relive again and again!
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new SCI Fidelity Records social action platform – powered by FanFueled. The concept is simple. Help us promote SCI Fidelity projects and artists through social media, and you could earn points towards awesome prizes – tickets, signed posters, band gear, limited edition merch and more!
The engaging FanFueled platform allows fans to seamlessly share SCI Fidelity news, albums, videos, and more through social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can even earn points simply by watching video clips and visiting web pages. The more points you accumulate, the more prizes you have a chance to win — either via raffle entry, or guaranteed reward for reaching point targets for each prize. It’s a great way to spread the word about your favorite artists while earning awesome prizes, all from your computer or smartphone. Your voice is valuable and we want to reward you for it!
To get started on SCI Fidelity’s FanFueled platform, visit www.fanfueledengage.com/SCIFidelity . You’ll be racking up points and earning prizes in no time!